1. London is the capital of England and the largest city in the United Kingdom.
2. London was founded by the Romans in 43 AD.
3. London is situated on the banks of the River Thames.
4. London is the most populous city in the UK with 8.9 million people.
5. London is a global city and is one of the world’s leading financial, cultural, and political centres.
6. There are 32 London boroughs and the City of London is the 33rd.
7. London is a major tourist destination with more than 30 million visitors annually.
8. The London Underground is the oldest underground railway network in the world.
9. Buckingham Palace is the official London residence of the British monarch.
10. The Tower of London is a historic castle used as a prison and an armoury.
11. The London Eye is a giant Ferris wheel situated on the banks of the River Thames.
12. Big Ben is the nickname of the clock tower at the Palace of Westminster.
13. St Paul’s Cathedral is an Anglican cathedral and one of London’s most iconic landmarks
14. Trafalgar Square is a public plaza in Central London, built to commemorate the Battle of Trafalgar.
15. The Shard is a building located in London that is the tallest building in the UK.
16. Oxford Street is London’s busiest shopping street and the most popular tourist attraction.
17. Hyde Park is one of the largest parks in London and is located in Central London.
18. The London Stock Exchange is the oldest stock exchange in the world.
19. The West End is London’s theatre and entertainment district, home to many of the city’s theatres, bars and clubs.
20. Camden Town is a popular area of North London known for its alternative nightlife and bustling markets.
21. The Tower Bridge is one of the most iconic bridges in London.
22. The British Museum is a museum of human history and culture in London.
23. The National Gallery is an art museum in Trafalgar Square.
24. Heathrow Airport is the busiest airport in the UK and one of the busiest in the world.
25. London is home to the world’s oldest underground railway system, the London Underground.